Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing Xara 3D flash graphics into Xara Web Designer 6 Web Page Question

Good morning to all. I am totally new here so please be gentle. I do hope i can get help with the problem I am having trying to import a animation word graphic I have developed in Xara 3D Flash into an Xara Web Design web page. I have looked to the help section but this has not provided any information I can use. Maybe there is a step I am not performingin X3D flash before I attempt to import, I don't know what it could be. Of course I've got to admit I am totally new to both Xara software programs.

This is my first attempt at trying to develop a gook looking small business website using animation to give some excitement to what people see when they visit. By the way, I am just on the first page of the website and have not started putting content into this page yet. I am just trying to get the graphic imported. I have a new computer using Windows 7 which does not seem to be a problem with insallation and use of either Xara software package.

Is there anywhere basic (1-2-3) step instructions on how to import a graphic developed using Xara 3D flash into a XWD6 web page? I do hope I can get help here because I can't move forward with my website project until I can get an answer to this buring question. Thanks all for sharing with me. I do hope I am posting this "help request" in the correct forum.

bob
    Last edited by music man bob; 05 February 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Default Re: Importing Xara 3D flash graphics into Xara Web Designer 6 Web Page Question

Hi Bob and welcome to TalkGraphics

Here's what I would do.

Export your Flash animation to your desktop or some location where you can find it easily.

Create a rectangle the same size as your Flash animation and position it on the page where you want your animation to appear.

Open the Website Properties menu and go to the Placeholder tabbed section.

Click the Browse button to the right of the Replace with Flash area.

Select your .swf file and press Open, and then Apply.

Preview your page.

Default Re: Importing Xara 3D flash graphics into Xara Web Designer 6 Web Page Question

Mr. Moderator,

I've been coming back to this forum several times each hour to see if someone could help me. I've been waiting with baited breath for a response to my plight. Thank you sir for your welcome and I very much appreciate that. I also appreciate you taking the time to respond to my need here. As an audio nut I am a member of several forums and love it. It appears that this will be yet another forum where I will find the best of folk who will reach out and share their experiences as you have. Thank you again so much. This and any other information will make my day.

bob

Good evening all,

I am still having problems important my flash file into my webpage. Here are the steps I've taken several times with negative results so far:

a. Export flash animation to a file where I can find them on the D drive of my computer.
    b. I went to my startup web page and created a rectangle the size of the animation flash file I intend to use.
    c. I went to the website properties menu and then went to the Place Holder Tab.
    d. I then clicked on the Browse Button and went to the File Type drop down menu and selected All Files.
    e. My animation flash file appeared in the window and I clicked on it. I then clicked Open and then OK. My animation flash file never appeared.

I am certain I am missing a step or doing something else wrong. I even tried Cutting and Pasting the file onto the webpage without success. I am not at my wits end yet. So, this is where I am at present. I will keep working on this until I get it. I consider this a wonderful learnig experience which I am up for. Any continued assistance and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Mr. Moderator and all forum members.

bob
    Last edited by music man bob; 06 February 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Hi Bob with the baited (hopefully not abated) breath

You did everything right. Did you preview the page? The eye ball icon on the Infobar. If you did all the steps you should see the Flash animation in the preview.

I preview the Flash animation in the Flash player. Then I press PrtScn to capture the screen and Paste this into WD6.

I use this to determine the size of my rectangle.

You can drag and drop the .swf file onto the page but it does not come in at the correct size which is why I use the placeholder option.

Mr. Moderator goes by the name of Gary.

Hello Gary,

Thank you so much for getting back with a response so quickly. I feel great that I was able to follow your directions good. I will certainly go back and add the suggestions you've mentioned here tomorrow. My eyes are tire right about now. Thanks so much for these additional words. As always i do very much appreciate.

bob

Good morning,

Well Gary and other forum friends I am still having problems importing flash graphics. I am going to spend the rest of this Sunday and any time needed to get the job done. So, if you've got any additional advice or suggestions you don't mind sharing I will be at my computer working on this problem.

bob
    Last edited by music man bob; 06 February 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Good evening all,

Though there were a fair number of steps involved, I was finally able to import my flash graphic into my webpage. I am very happy to have that happen. However, the flash graphic was static so I will have to back track and see what I did wrong. But the great thing is, with Gary's help I have reached this point and I am very thankful.

bob

We do our best.