Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My name is Lincy and I am really old. I am a student at a local college, taking Graphic Design. Being in Social Services for many years, I finally decided to try and see what my right brain is capable of. At the moment I am in a visual basics class and a photography class. Here is the problem:

My printer broke (HP 820Cse) and I went and bought a new printer (HP 940cvr) and EVERYTHING I printed had a blue tint to it. I called HP, we did everything we could to resolve the issue, they even sent me a new color ink cartridge, to no avail. So, I returned the 940cvr and bought a 920cvr.

SAME problem. EVERYTHING has a blue tint to it. No real grays. I've recallibrated my monitor. I've tried messing with the saturation and brightness settings...NADA.

Can ANYONE give me some direction here and tell me where I might look next to fix this? I am assuming the problem is either with my computer or monitor and before you ask, "No. The old printer did not have this problem".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lincy

My name is Lincy and I am really old. I am a student at a local college, taking Graphic Design. Being in Social Services for many years, I finally decided to try and see what my right brain is capable of. At the moment I am in a visual basics class and a photography class. Here is the problem:

My printer broke (HP 820Cse) and I went and bought a new printer (HP 940cvr) and EVERYTHING I printed had a blue tint to it. I called HP, we did everything we could to resolve the issue, they even sent me a new color ink cartridge, to no avail. So, I returned the 940cvr and bought a 920cvr.

SAME problem. EVERYTHING has a blue tint to it. No real grays. I've recallibrated my monitor. I've tried messing with the saturation and brightness settings...NADA.

Can ANYONE give me some direction here and tell me where I might look next to fix this? I am assuming the problem is either with my computer or monitor and before you ask, "No. The old printer did not have this problem".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lincy

I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem. I'm convinced it's just the typical colour management issues related to how monitors show things and how printers interpret and print the colours. You old printer just happened to print closer to how the monitor sho3ed things. It's an issue I haven't resolved myself but most people experience this to some degree. Here are a couple sites that might be helpful.

http://www.fineartgicleeprinters.org...anagement.html

http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/cb-matchbox.html

The last link is a product and it's quite expensive (in canadian dollars that's $1032 before tax and brokerage/shipping fees ... needless to say I'm not able to devote that amount to it!). Anyway I'm not an expert at print issues but that's what I fiound out from looking.

Good luck.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com