Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 How to change playback skin for video - possible?

I wanted to have video able to play back as a streaming download from my web page I am designing with designer pro 6. I found the easiest way was to simply drag and drop the flv file in which is absolutely fantastic! Controls are automatically generated.

My question is this - the playback controls have a light grey background which I would like to change to a dark grey (and if I could make the playback control bar thinner that would also be great - for any genius out there).

I have managed to remove the border by adjusting some of the paramaters in the automatically generated placeholder but so far have had no luck with the colour.

Anyone with a solution? It would be great if Xara included some more options to customise the playback window - wish list wish list......

Cheers, Len.

Default Re: How to change playback skin for video - possible?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

If you select the placeholder object for the Flash slide show, then open the Website Properties > Placeholder tab, you can look at the code. There are probably settings you can alter as needed.

Here's a solution using the JWplayer
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Nice tip! I didn't know that existed. I tend to use the defaults but it's good to know it's more configurable, even if it adds about 100Kb to the download (which is irrelevant when you consider the overall download of the average video). The good thing, I assume, of serving your own site is that you don't have the download limits imposed by third party video hosting sites. But you do have to watch your bandwidth usage if it's a popular video - your ISP may hit you with an excess bandwidth bill.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.