Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feb scribble

Default Re: Feb scribble

Here's another one, though I couldn't tell you WHAT it is.

I took the Scribble and made a "fractalization" of it, by increasing it's size as it followed a spiral...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FebScribble3.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	79711

Then, I thought it would look good with some nice blue contouring and the gradient below making it look a little more dimensional...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FebScribble4.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	79712

Full-size version HERE

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 02 February 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Some nice effects there, James.

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    you did take advantage of the Feb Scribble in order to show that only a very narrow mind could fit inside that tapered KKK hood!
    Yes, in fact, only a pinhead.

Continuing my theme of nasty critters, here’s another:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man-of-war.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	79716  
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

I might do another one!

James
    That would be great James. Seems like there aren't many takers. usually only you and James Allen. So in light of that maybe the scribble shouldn't continue. Same is true of the blend for inspiration, personally I thought at least part of one of those could have been used as a texture somehow. Anyway the keyword here is to be inspired by the blend not necessarily to use it as such. The scribble is a different story, where the actual line must be used. Maybe I wasn't clear about that in that blend challenge, anyway I do hope more people participate in both. I really like those challenges myself, even if the results are not very good the doing of them is a great learning experience.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Good one James Allen. That one wants me to take out my red,blue 3D glasses.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You two have been busy. I don't know what they are either James but they are pretty.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Hello Larry,

Don't forget that there are not just those that actually make something enjoying these threads...there are many that view them and then, themselves get some inspiration for their own work. (or at least are amused by seeing what others do) Most of us that are artsy types enjoy looking at most anything that others do... let's call it an innate openness to aesthetic things.

I think the blend/scribble challenges are fun, since they require creativity, but flowing from some initial condition/qualification. There's really no telling WHAT this might inspire...as can be seen from the variety.

I'd say keep at it, Larry.

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 03 February 2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Time is on my side

Hello Larry,

Don't forget that there are not just those that actually make something enjoying these threads...there are many that view them and then, themselves get some inspiration for their own work. (or at least are amused by seeing what others do) Most of us that are artsy types enjoy looking at most anything that others do... let's call it an innate openness to aesthetic things.

I think the blend/scribble challenges are fun, since they require creativity, but flowing from some initial condition/qualification. There's really no telling WHAT this might inspire...as can be seen from the variety.

I'd say keep at it, Larry.

Peace

James
    Good point James, I myself enjoy seeing what others do and learning from it Maybe that's what is wrong with the blend for inspiration challenge, there are no limiting conditions.
    Thanks
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks, Larry - hope you do go on with these, they're always interesting and fun...........

Penny

Name:	Feb.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	79731  

Good one Penny, it is so interesting to see what someone comes up with. I'm glat you took the time to create this image.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

here you go Larry - another quickie

we've had a brush - now for a dip pen like the one dinosaurs like me still use every day

its a blend - a very simple one - best of both worlds

Name:	pen nib.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	79736  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...