Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default search facility and Regular topics static thread

Is it me or since we have the new Tg interface has anyone noticed that the search facility is not so good and specific as it used to be, do a search and all manner of posts come up

A simple observation on the back of this is that regular topics come up with regular replies of course all on different pages depending on posting so they can be disjointed and hard to find assimilate and decide what is best. In the same way as we have the tweakset and static posts at the top of the forum does it not make sense to have a static thread (s) with the following + more so that we can build up a one stop resource that members can add to ans very simply access

1) Optimsed xara sites with seo in mind myths and facts do's don'ts
    2) Ecommerce solutions as a bolt on for xara made sites members experiences - good and bad points + how to bolt on
    3) Making sites mobile friendly with mobile device detection and redirect or design with mobile device in mind etc
    4) useful software to bolt on either free or not, and again members experience.

I realise this is not the exact forum for this but these subjects occur over and over I would welcome other members input and moderators at xara as the feasibility of static threads/one stop resource.

This would make an old dog like me happy and i am sure enhace new and old members use of magic/xara products. Do they have any solutions...would make sense to me to have bolt ons designed/compatible for their product - seamless integration and cross selling and xara discount for members they get a kick back more money for them and even happier members. Lets face it we all love the products and juding by the responses each day to queries we all like to try to add back as we gain more knowledge.

What does everyone else think? Over to you

Scruffy

Default Re: search facility and Regular topics static thread

Hi Scruffy,

Regarding your first point, I use Google. Just add: site:talkgraphics.com

For instance, to see how many instances of "Hi Scruffy” there are in Talkgraphics, search for this:

“Hi Scruffy” site:talkgraphics.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Default Re: search facility and Regular topics static thread

Hi James

Not thought of using google to search the forum will try that