Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to Get " h1Text" on a Webpage - For SEO. Plus Readable Text

Im doing a standard site...but I want to place "h1 Headline Text" on the top of all my pages as titles. Some have suggested that the h1 text is a metric that some search engines like to rank fairly high...since h1 is a headline.

It would be nice to have the html code say h1 to alert the search engines... BUT could I also make the text somewhat smaller visually in Xara and still keep the H1 designation? That would be nice. I dont know if I want to fiddle with CSS right yet with xara...I want to keep it simple if I can... just to start out.

BTW, Is all 12-14 point Xara Text the same as html text (readable and selectable) or do I have to name every block of Xara Text with a "Special Name". For optimization id like to have all the text to be search engine readable...and not a graphical representation of text.

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: How to Get " h1Text" on a Webpage - For SEO. Plus Readable Text

If you really need to add H1 text then here's how, with an extra bit about H1 and SEO
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks Neodiest,

Thanks for the lead. Using pure html tags is not as elegant as Xara itself in terms of predicting what it will look like and where it will position so I see.

My site ranks on the first page in google on some terms...im wondering if google will still index me as well with the xara code...thats why I was asking about pure html indexable text.

Do all my text boxes in Xara index as pure text content (as opposed to a jpeg image conversion of the text) or do I have to name all my text something special in Xara so they are found by the bots as readable content? Im thinking that Xara would obviously make a jpeg image of my text if I rotated it some way...but does it always turn .web text into images. Are there some rules that have been identified of when Xara will image text instead of put it into the page as readable text?

Thanks,
    Suzzie

Text as text in Xara is exported as text and is no different to any other webpage text. Xara exports HTML and valdates. That's all that's needed. H1 is myth
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Are there some rules that have been identified of when Xara will image text instead of put it into the page as readable text?

1. Don't stretch or squash text [e.g. don't use the selector tool]
    2. Don't group text with other objects (though there is an override for this: name: HTMLText)
    3. Don't rotate text area
    4. Don't give text any effect or non-text attributes

Lines of text can be given an html paragraph attribute by naming the text area 'HTMLBlocktext'

http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=218&start=0 for advanced features

And add :
    5. Give all your links/buttons/images an Alt text that can be read by the bots.
    For Navbars that would be to fill in the tooltips cells, and for images it would be Caption text .