Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default text line indicator and web links, and tab links

Just a couple of questions - using Xara Designer Pro 6.

First, when working with the text tool on my site - the small verticle line that shows where you are in a line - the blinking line - is there any way to change the color? When I am working on my site, it seems to be nearly invisible, and I find it difficult to go back and correct typos, etc, because I can't see clearly where it is. Can the color be changed to show up better on different backgrounds?

Second questiion regards menu links that link to outside pages. I plan to set up my main site first, with a link to the gallery I have at the moment, then take my time transferring the gallery to a Xara page. So, I have it set to the page, and it opens just fine, (in a new window) but rather than opening in Firefox, which is my default browser, it opens in IE. Is there a code that needs to be used to get these pages to open in the default browser?

Which brings me to the third question - how to get a link to open in a new tab? Instead of a new window. While most of my pages will open to the same tab, I'm not sure which option I need to choose when linking to a page that is not on this particular menu set - Open link in: _self, or _parent, or _top. Which one to choose?

On several links, ideally I would like it to open in a new tab, but for some reason, there is no choice available for that. I do have my browser set to open links in new tabs in general, but without publishing my site, I don't know how to check that. (And since I have a site up that is not made in Xara, I don't want to publish until I am ready to replace it completely) If I leave the "Open link in:" as not specified, will this then use the browser default?

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these matters.

Default Re: text line indicator and web links, and tab links

Quote Originally Posted by allwaysjudee View Post
    First, when working with the text tool on my site - the small verticle line that shows where you are in a line - the blinking line - is there any way to change the color? When I am working on my site, it seems to be nearly invisible, and I find it difficult to go back and correct typos, etc, because I can't see clearly where it is. Can the color be changed to show up better on different backgrounds?
    Just on the spelling, I doubt you can change the cursor colour, but you can always temporarily change the background colour or move objects aside. Alternately, you can type your text in a word processor like Word, or in a free online spell and grammar checker like www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/, copy and paste it.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).