Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default on which folder patterns created by user are stored (canīt find my patterns )

• patterns created by myself are not stored on the folder D:\ADOBE\photoshopcs4\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Patterns where all other patterns files (.pat) are kept.

THe purpose is to backup my patterns so where can I find such files ?

IP

Default Re: on which folder patterns created by user are stored (canīt find my patterns )

Try a windows search on your D: drive:- "*.pat" without the quotation marks.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: on which folder patterns created by user are stored (canīt find my patterns )

which operating system are you using...

in windows XP user defined patterns will be found not in the program path that you quote, but in C: or D: whichever is your system disk..\Documents and Settings\.... I don't have the exact path to hand, but a search as Bob suggests should find it; you should enable search for hidden folders [or enable hidden folders in windows explorer]

if you are vista/win7 the detail will be different, but the principle the same....

it is common practice to separate out user defined files for reasons to do with upgrades and restores

EDIT - I see your program is on D: - Documents and Settings should be on your system drive, whichever one this is, you may have to search more than one drive
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 January 2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional info
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hi , thank you for answering my post.
    The most strange is that I had already done what you suggest me- I had searched both drives C and D - but found nothing.
    (I always keep to view hidden folders enabled).
    The .pat files found on D:\ belong to photoshop (dated 2008 / 2009) and are not the recent files I created.
    Perhaps photoshop is tricking me by storing user patterns in another form (?)
    Les saludo a Ustedes muy atentamente.
    RW
    Last edited by Ron Wolpa; 29 January 2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: grammar mistake
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Wolpa View Post
    I had searched both drives C and D - but found nothing.
    Try searching for them with Everything.

http://www.voidtools.com/download.php
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP

Have you actually saved them or just created them - there is a small arrow symbol at the top right of the patterns dialogue box - the save option is here. If you had already done this do it again and select save - this will show you where it is saving to.

Christine
    IP