Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please Clean Up the Button Palette and Allow Saving Customized GUI

I just upgraded to DP6 and customized the control bars of the GUI. I've done this numerous times but this time (for no specific reason) I felt particularly frustrated by the layout of the Button Palette. It's like an alphabet soup. No order, no logic, all buttons all over the place.

Then there's some quirky stuff like two copies of the Website Properties button; a Color Editor button that's different from the one in the Color Bar (at the bottom of the screen); the design of e.g. the Image Properties button that is not coherent with other Properties buttons. (I should add that I'm using the light gray color scheme and not the dark one.)

I did manage to get the layout that I like and that fits my workflow but now I can't save the settings (yes, I know of the rather buggy workaround to save some of the Registry settings). With any update or glitch that requires a repair or reinstall, I have to go through the whole process again. This has been requested many times so, here I go again:

Please improve the GUI-customization process and then allow the settings to be saved.

Thanks!

Default Re: Please Clean Up the Button Palette and Allow Saving Customized GUI

I'll second this one. I have multiple machines at home, used by multiple family members. Reconfiguring the button layout for each user is a significant irritation each time I reinstall or upgrade Xara. Not configuring it and having different button layouts for different people is an equally irritating and unnatractive option.

Please just give us "save workspace as default for (current user)/(all users)", and "save workspace to file", "load workspace from file" options.

Regards: colin_e

Regards: Colin

You have my vote on the ability to save and load workspaces.

This really is essential and should have been implemented yonks ago. +1
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.