Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 1 Layer per 1 object automatical?

Hi there.
    Is there some way to build a new layer automatically when creating an object in Xara Pro5? I have not found any option for that. Any wiser guys/gals?*This could be a Great time saver function when exporting .psd file into PS.

I am pretty sure that there is no option to pick up several layers, only one per selection will do? Am I right?

Thanks in advance!
    xart72

Default Re: 1 Layer per 1 object automatical?

Hi xart,

When you place an object in Xara it is already like a layer – in that it can sit above or below any other objects you place on the same page. Paste or draw a few objects on the page (one by one) and use ctrl/B to make one go behind all the others, or ctrl/F to make it go to the front of all the others. Shift/Ctrl/B will make an object go below other objects one by one, while Shift/Ctrl/F takes it back to the front step by step.

All this is in one “layer”, but as you can see, it has what PS would call 'layers' on that one page. Now delete all the objects and press F10 to access the Layer Gallery. Right click in the window that opens and click ‘new layer’ three times and okay the box. Just leave the default names. Now you have four official layers. Highlight layer 1 and draw an ellipse there. Highlight page 2 and draw something else. Do this with all four pages and press Shift/Ctrl/E or File/Export, choose the Adobe Photoshop (*psd) format. Pick “export just visible objects”, leave the resolution at 96 dpi and export. Open it up in PS and you’ll find a four layered file with the layers all named correctly and the objects in each layer.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).