Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing Updates makes text go wild and then resolves on its own after a few hours?

Hello I am new to Xara 6. I started my website and realized my errors so started over and this seems to be going better but I have 2 problems.

I add information to pages and upload the changes then text blocks that I Did Not Change go wacky....the fonts change and they become huge in size!!!! I checked this on two different computers....and what is really weird is that they do the same things but they change the fonts and sizes differently on each computer. I re upload and no change. I go away for about 3 hours and come back refresh my website and all the text is in the proper font size and color. How in the heck can i do updates I don't want to have clients not come back to my site because it is screwed up. I have an international clientel so even if I publish in the middle of the night that is day time for someone on the other side of the world. I am sooo frustrated.

the second problem is that I cannot get an anchor link to work. I 've tried anchoring text, photos, shapes. When I preview the link it acts like the link works changes colors and makes a click sound but it goes nowhere.

I've attached a couple of screen shots to show how screwed up the fonts are when publishing and one of what a page should look like. they are different pages but the text under the header is the same across all pages. Except for the headings in the decorative font that i have made into a group so it is a graphic all other text I have made html so it is picked up by search engines. don't think i have done anything else to cause the problem...

thanks for listening to my rant....hoping for some insight and a fix!
    Holly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HA3computer1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	79598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HA3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	79597  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CorrectWebsite.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	79596  

Default Re: Publishing Updates makes text go wild and then resolves on its own after a few ho

Hi holly

for anchor text pictures etc be sure you

selct the text graphic make a name for it e.g anchorforarabspage2 for example press Add. then look at the links link to to anchor find it and select it and press APPLY this should make it link. on one page in my wevbiste desite this i this failed and i redid it and it was fine then???

as for the wierd text i have seen a similar thing with IE8 if you keep the tab open and review after an update have you treid viewing in different browsers i.e firefox chrome?

Default Re: Publishing Updates makes text go wild and then resolves on its own after a few ho

Hi thanks so much for the reply. In regards to anchoring that is exactly how I have done it....several times and with several different objects to see if the anchor would work better on an object than text. I tried again this morning and I can't get it to work so i have used a link to the page for now. Okay for items near the top of the page. nice weather here the next few days so i will be working outside. web design will have to wait a few days.
    thanks again
    Holly

almost forgot....i use explorer for my browser....how can i view in other browsers? I don't want to change what I have. I know others are probably better but i'm not techie enough to deal with changing my computer.
    thanks Holly

Hi holly

go to google type in chrome, mozilla firefox, safari ,opera, as a few different browsers download the web browser when the configuration wizzard comes up and asks to be your default browser uncheck the box this keeps IE8 the default . Like any programme after installation an icon will appear on your desk top . just click which one you want to use on that occasion either IE or the above group and type in the web address. view the website close when done. click another webbrowser icon retype address check how it looks, close and so on

no programming needed. even i did it!

Thank you so much! I did it. Now if i could just figure out what is preventing the anchor links from working........

Holly