Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post WebDesigner^, Xara3D, MenuMaker???

I purchased all three of these software programs for one reason..I am trying to do a webpage and needed programs that work together easlily. I found however that Corl, and other larger programs get more tutorials and assistance than your own software. I am trying to merge navigation bars into Webdesigner. It will not preview, because it say's there is no module to view, and it only sends it as pieces. If I was a professional web designer, I would not have had to purchase your project. I need assistance quickly. I made a promise to get this webpage done. Anyone???

Default Re: WebDesigner^, Xara3D, MenuMaker???

Welcome to Talkgraphics

Web Designer has quite a few pre designed templates and website objects, buttons, headers, galleries etc. Look in the Designs Gallery.

There are a ton of videos for Web Designer that walk you though every process here http://www.xara.com/us/products/webd...torials-demos/ You could also have found this link in the Help menu where you can also download the entire set of templates.

I am a professional graphic and website designer. I use Xara Web Designer 6 and Xara Designer Pro 6. Why? Because they give me the freedom to design without restrictions. They are fast. And they get the job done. I could use any program I want. I just use the best tool for the job.

Good luck and let us if you have any other questions.

Hi jm and welcome to the TG forums. We're all users here. If you want to complain to Xara, write to them : support@xara.com

I'm sorry, I only use Xara Designer Pro 6 which does most everything that those three other apps do for web work, all rolled into one. Why not upload your *.web file for us to look at and ask if anybody can help you - there's loads of people on these boards who offer their assistance free on a daily basis. But we do need a little bit more detail.

"If I was a professional web designer, I would not have had to purchase your project." I am a professional web designer and I did buy their software. For creating simple, attractive sites fast, there is no better software.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I have tried so many products, from dreamweaver to frontpage to all the other budget offerings but nothing comes as close to it. I have been a professional graphic designer for over 20 years and have designed for companies as diverse as O2 (telefonica) McDonald's, Virgin, Vodaphone and more, and I have yet to find a piece of software which allows me to do so much so quickly (regardless of price), my record is 1/2 an hour to create and publish a website from scratch and I have only been a web designer for less than 6 months and have over 20 websites in my portfolio and next month I launch my web design business.

You will find that for pure wysiwyg design nothing comes close. I hope you give the program a chance and watch as many youtube videos on it as you can.

Good luck
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Skech, you seem to be flying! Congratulations. Would like to see the websites you designed but when I clicked the link to your website I got a 404 error.

I have had this problem before but did not mention the hosting company, everytime this happens it is because they take extra payments off the card each month and this time we have refused to pay unless they sort the problem out properly. The last time this happened we were assured they would sort out the problem but still they take the extra payments and blame errors, we do these company make so many errors.

I will be moving the account to heartinternet, who some of my customers use and highly recommend. but some of the sites are

www.energydanceandfitness.com
    www.c3tiling.co.uk
    www.simplydebtfree.co.uk
    www.reclaimppi.eu
    www.andysvancovers.com
    www.ashianas.co.uk
    www.baildoncarpets.com
    www.warmcoat.co.uk
    www.kiddywinks.info

thanks

Skech. Your websites are a great advert for XWD however, there's a little thing that stops me using the programme very much (I mainly use Serif WPx4) and it's the way a site gets created in XWD. I have XWD5 and it's the same; the pages on andysvancovers move ever so slightly from right to left (and back again) when you change pages, and the way the banner graphic has to load in each time a page is refreshed is annoying. Is there a foolproof way of ensuring each page is precisly in the same position, with none of this sideways movement when they open in your browser?
    I guess because of the way XWD handles a full site (Individual Pages) there's nothing that can be done with the banner graphic having to reload every time? WPx4 uses a master page which can be used for any amount of pages so the banner only has to open the once. Is there something similar I can do in XWD. I love the way graphics are handled in XWD and would like to use the programme more or even upgrade to v6 but this puts me off. Any thoughts?

Thumbs up Re: WebDesigner^, Xara3D, MenuMaker???

Thanks for the links Sketch. Very nice work you're doing! All these sites look very attractive and clean. I imagine that your web design business will be very successful. Good luck anyway!

Thank you Boy, very much appreciated.

skech, very nice sites.
    Good luck with the business.