Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara file coverted to .psd and to be opened inside Photoshop incl. layers -no luck!

Hi there.
    I have a urgent problem with Xara Xtreme 5Pro and layer support to Photoshop. It seems like there is no support for layers at all. When my collage opens up a .psd coverted file inside Photoshop there will be only one layer presented. So merged file.

Is there any support for Photoshop layers when exported? Any ideas? If that is the case can someone please tell me where to get a software that has Photoshop layers support.
    Yes I know Gimp but to start everything from scratch that I have already done with Xara...

Many thanks in advance!
    Xar

Default Re: Xara file coverted to .psd and to be opened inside Photoshop incl. layers -no luc

make sure all your layers are visible - any hidden layers exported from xtreme are likely to be empty - and everything is within the page area

otherwise it should be ok version 6 at least - but I will have to double check version 5
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara file coverted to .psd and to be opened inside Photoshop incl. layers -no luc

xtreme pro 5 exported a three layer test file ok as psd

can you post up the xar file you are exporting from?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve! Thank you for your quick respond!
    I am sorry but this file is under Terms & Conditions by our client before actual publishing of their online service. So I am not allowed to post that Lay-Out -sorry.
    Anyway we have tested both excluded layers and visible layers options and none of those works inside PS CS4 and CS5.
    In fact Photoshop will crash if it will open specific file at all.

Layers are visible not hidden as well. Just one merged layer appeared regarding those all options we have tried. Maybe it is due to vector vs. rasterizing process during Xara export. Although we have also tried to raster that file inside Photoshop and it just gave same result...

Xart72

Hi

is this a 'plain' file - or are you including web features [ buttons for example ] - or soft groups or live effects - if these cannot be opened in photoshop they may cause error or file to be flattened to single layer...
    Nothing lasts forever...

No live effects just some emboss and bevels. Yes there are some clipped pictures and shadows wtc. but no zero live effects. However there are over 200 layers. Will that cause the problem?

Unfortunately we have to have every single objects on their own layers

xart72

I don't know if there is a limitation on the export in terms of layer numbers

all I can suggest is that you try breaking it down into separate xar files, exporting, and so see if you can eliminate the problem or at least identify the layer[s] causing it - and then if necessary reconstruct it in photoshop
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 January 2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve once again! I will try that. I opened that file with Corel as .ai and all layers where there but every objects were just a big mess. Now there is a situation that I am not able to export that specific file at all as .psd, .ai/eps, or even pdf.
    I also converted all effect influenced objects as .png but still same problem exist.

xart72