Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turtle

Default Re: Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    The turtle is a vector drawing I did years ago. The drawing was un groouped and multiple selected. The objects were to close together for EC 4000 the see everything as separate pieces. The tultle was filled like anythng else. You don't see but one object in the plugin this way, but everything selected gets coloted. You can go back and edit separated objectes if needed.
    Thanks for the explanation, Rich. Just to get a better understanding, could you show us a bitmap copy of the drawing? I'm curious to see how the various shapes within the vector object got beveled and colored. Thanks.

The drawing was done in a CAD application in the beginning days. You couuld and point to a closed area to get a fill. So, this drawing has a set of objects and a set of lines. It would be better without the line set. It just that the number of objects to color demands more resources. I would delete the line set and increase the object line width somewhat.

With EC 4000 the reflection maps are only indexed to the file, and the saved file is small. You would have to have the reflection map in the resource folder.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTurtle.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	79606  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by molucca; 27 January 2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added coment

Thanks for that .xar file, Rich. I managed to reproduce the gold-fill/bevel effect. Learned something new again. Thanks for that as well!

I separated the lines from the objects. I set the nudge distance far enough to move the objects from the lines.

Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

Turtle in Jeep headlight. I was trying E3 environments in EC 4000. They are generally designed spherical with the corners of the environment being inactive. I didn't see any corner effects. So, all my opaque maps would work in EC 4000.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turt2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	79788