Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with reducing the size of an object

I'm new here and use to using a cad program. Obviously, there are differences (Corel Painter 8). I'm sure this is an easy fix but I can't figure out how to do it. All I want to do is draw a picture (eg. dog) and I want to shrink it after drawing it and place it somewhere within my drawing.

In CAD, all I have to do is group the relative objects by lasso. Then select a corner and pull it down to the size I need. If Corel painter will do this, then I would appreciate someone telling me how.

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Help with reducing the size of an object

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not familiar with Corel Painter. But I know that it is a pixel editing application, like Photoshop. And unlike a CADD program that works with vector objects, it works with pixels. Hence in a vector application an object is defined with a scalable outline, in a pixel editing application, an image is defined by a grid of colored pixels. The two approaches are very different.

My guess is you need to make a selection of the image or object using any of the selection tools, and then scale the image downward to a specific size or percent. Look in the Help menu for Selection and Scaling.
    IP

Default Re: Help with reducing the size of an object

Thanks. I'll go there and research it.
    IP