Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Out of Memory

xdp6 Out of Memory

I have to create a poster DIN A1. The Xara Designer 6 Pro file is ready to create a PDF file to send to the print shop. However, when I try to export a PDF file for high quality printing I am getting this error message:

"Out of memory. Try simplifying the document or reducing the resolution"

The Photo on the poster is on 300 dpi and fills almost the whole area. The rest is text without shadows or anything special. I would not expect "out of memory". There is nothing much I cn change in the poster.

Anythng else I can do? Any trick? Any work around (Yes I could export to TIF).

Default Re: Out of Memory

I would export to TIFF. Or reduce the size of the image to 1/2 but increase the DPI to 600dpi.

Also, reboot your computer and close all your other applications. It is amazing how these things consume system resources.

Default Re: Out of Memory

Id also recommend submitting the file to xara support for further investigation. You can submit a support request from http://support.xara.com

Upload the file to either your web server or upload it to a service such as rapidshare or yousendit, obtain the download link and include it within the support request.
    Alternatively FTP the file to Xara - you will need an FTP tool such as filezilla or use the command prompt to ftp the file.

Host: customerftp.xara.com
    username: anonymous
    password:your email address.

Once you have uploaded the file, include the name of the file within your support request.

Thanks