Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hyphenation and Spell Checking in Designer 6 Pro

When can I expect hyphenation and spell checking for selectable language sin Xara Designer 6 Pro?
    I am doing a lot of Flyers and some text based graphics with Xara and this is the one feature I am still missing. If it's getting to complicated I switch to Corel Ventura Publisher which has not been maintained since ages, but is still a good piece of software.
    By teh way: Why does Xara/Magix not simply buy Ventura from Corel an include into their packages.

Default Re: Hyphenation and Spell Checking in Designer 6 Pro

Xara Designer Pro 6 has a spell checker; Utilities>Check 'Check spelling as you type'. Look in the Help file for 'Soft hyphen'; it may be what you want.
    ~Fred

Thanks for the hint on the soft hyphen. I did not know this was available. (Shame on me after more than 10 years of Xara usage). It helps in same situations. However automatic hyphenation would be much more useful. Will this be available some time?

Iīve been requesting hyphenation support for years.... Itīs the biggest omission in Xara Designer for those working in desktop publishing. And itīs the only reason i have to switch to InDesign for flyers and other small jobs. Xara itīs much more versatile to work with but hyphenation is a deal breaker....
    The web features have been improved a lot, unfortunately the rest seems pale in comparison. Please add your request in the Dear Xara... Section.
    Maybe someday, someone will listen... fingers crossed!