Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question PNG image with transparent background mouse-over problem

Hi,

I have 4 pictures of characters that I want to use as buttons that get larger as you roll over them, like in the mouse -over tutorial. I have followed the tutorial and I have got the mouse-over working. The problem I am facing is that the images I am using are .png with transparent backgrounds and they are all overlapping each other slightly. When I go to roll-over the middle images the outer image enlarges. What is happening is that the transparent background for each image is being selected with the rest of the picture when being rolled-over. So instead of just selecting the the cutout image it is selecting the whole picturebox. Is there a way for the roll-over to not pick up the transparent background?

Default Re: PNG image with transparent background mouse-over problem

Answer: No. Transparent or not, it's still pixels and all bitmaps are rectangles. Only way is to use polygon image maps, but - xara can't do this.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Actually you can, by using a workaround that I mention here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...429#post312429

Cheers guys esp boy. You are a Legend!! I was actually thinking about a work-around like this today at work. It's nice to get home and see it spelt out in black and white. Safe as houses!!! Works great now!!

Great! Show us your site when you're done. Might be interesting and give us new ideas...

Nice one Boy!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64