Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Transparent iFrame Background in WD6 - Is it Possible?

Hi All,
    I have a page with an embedded iFrame (lets call it Page 1) and an associated page with the text content for the iFrame (lets call it Page 2).

Page 1 has a gradient fill - pale blue to white. Page 2 has no background and thus shows as a white panel on top of Page 1, when viewed via a browser (see below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iFrame On Gradient Background.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	79434

Ideally, I'd like the iFrame content to appear on a transparent background, so that it blends in 'seamlessly' (apart from the vertical scroll bar) with Page 1.

I realise I can 'fake' this with a flat fill but my client has specifically requested the gradient fill. I also realise I can put a gradient fill into Page 2 but it will never quite match the background on Page 1 during scrolling.

Has anyone managed to achieve the sort of result I am looking for and, if so, how did you do it?

All Suggestions Gratefully Received.

Very Best Regards

TD
    Last edited by Technoir Design; 19 January 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Default Re: Transparent iFrame Background in WD6 - Is it Possible?

It is possible and this is how to achieve it
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Transparent iFrame Background in WD6 - Is it Possible?

Neodeist,
    I am eternally grateful for your help. Problem solved. The transparent iFrame looks the business!! Thank you so much.

Very Best Regards

TD