Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer on a Tablet

I think the Android will do fine. And I totally agree about Apple. The only Apple product I own is the iPad which I purchased to test our two apps.

On the other hand, Apple is one helluva company and is very innovative. Their design has always been the best and they are very good at what they do. This is perhaps why they are the second largest company in the US, even bigger than Google. And I always though no one could be bigger than that. I hope the Android forces Apple to add Flash support to the iPad because it is ridiculous not to have it.

Currently there are about 5 screens of iPad drawing apps and a few of these are very good from the reviews I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I hope the Android forces Apple to add Flash support to the iPad because it is ridiculous not to have it.
    Apple has been very wise to exclude Flash. It was and remains a danger to their Appstore and revenue stream and I have some sympathy with Jobs comments about it's resource usage. The iPad has 256MB of memory rather than 1GB and badly written applications can drain batteries really quickly. Not having Flash has not been a barrier to iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad adoption and it's exclusion has boosted the pool of Apple developers and protected Apples bottom line.

Apple have now relaxed their rules and flash developers can now target the Apple platform, but not using the flash player (essentially a Flash program is translated into an Apple one). Apple is still taking money via this pipeline.

..and this assessment is from a Flash developer who had no Apple kit prior to 2010.

Rodney, you are brave! Give us a report on the new toy when it comes. We all like new toys!

I just found a nice web page builder that loads web designer made pages perfectly
    http://bluegriffon.org/ this works well in Ubuntu
    and should work in there net-book addition, maybe even on tablets

Rodney, how did you get on with the Adam?

Paul

Because apple so tightly control the software, hardware etc on the ipad the quality will always be better, that's just a simple fact of tech.. Any one can make a tablet pc and use android on it but just because it has android on it make it the same as another android tablet pc. I recently tried about 5 different ones at the local pcworld and I have to say that the quality was from 2 out of ten to 8 of of ten. When you buy an apple ipad you know what you are getting. I think apple use the lack of resources on their products to stop use of flash but it does not seem to put off a lot of people, and when html5 does eventually take of it could be a good decision.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk