Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why Web Designer 6 doesn't support Chinese characters?????

Hello everyone,

I am Chinese, and I have bought web designer 6, I work in Paris, but it doesn't support chinese character.

I am hopeless for this software, anyone knows a solution to fix it?

I guess I have just wasted my money, cause I bought it for the use of creating a Chinese website.

Thanks!

Default Re: Why Web Designer 6 doesn't support Chinese characters?????

I guess that Magix (the owner of the Xara software) have limited resources for development and aren't able to make the changes required to the product and market it in China.

You should be able to get a refund. I'm not sure why you bought it when there is a 30 days free trial.

Default Re: Why Web Designer 6 doesn't support Chinese characters?????

Hi Qiao Chu,

I have Chinese tenants so I make the occasional flier or sign in Chinese for them. I use Xara for this. My Chinese friend types up the Chinese text for me in Word for Windows. To do this, she uses the Windows language bar (it allows you to switch on Chinese formatting).

Once I have the Chinese text in Word, I paste it into Xara (ctrl/v unformatted text) and then adjust the fonts with style, colour, size, and all usual formatting characteristics including line spacing, word or letter spacing, paragraph sizes, etc. You can download a number of different Chinese fonts free online from different places.

If you have any difficulty exporting this into WD documents, you can always assemble the text and then convert to curves before exporting.

I have attached a Xara file that has both English and Chinese text. I converted half the text to curves in case you don't have the font. I picked some Winston Churchill quotes online to use for this, and translated them in Google, so the translation will probably have mistakes, but you can see what I’m talking about.

Let me know if you need more details about this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chinese-text.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	79401  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).