Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Search Engine Optimisation

I would welcome your thoughts on SEO. I have just put my own site onto the net, and have used various tags and key words, both via Xara and also through a service provided by my web host. My question is given that any particular service or subject will have a finite number of search options - i.e. what people type into Google to find their information, how do you get your web site further up the Google rankings? Interestingly, although my site has only been live for a very short while, it appears above other more established sites offering similar services BUT we both appear some way down the page list - in other words, neither site will get viewed. I have linked my site to others, and have plenty of pages and useful content - both of which I believe are crucial to get the bots to rate your site. So given that not every site can be number one, how can I at least get myself into a position where my site is high enough up the rankings to actually get a viewing?

Default Re: Search Engine Optimisation

Aside from page titles (which are very important in helping to identify the nature of the site) and your description and keywords, traffic to your site is also critical. The more people who visit your site the better your ranking will be. And this also applies to how many links to your site there are. So you need to figure out how to get more traffic to your site (kind of a snake eating its tail problem). Sometimes you can exchange links with similar sites. Or get friends who have sites to link to yours.