Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

This is a day early but Anas has done such an excellent job I would not wait.

Guest Tutorial 96

The January 15 Xara Xone

Comments and questions for the Guest Tutor are always welcome.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15-Jan-2011-promo.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	79355  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 14 January 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

There's Flash gimmicks and then there's Flash elegance. Well done to both Salaam and you Gary for the guest tutorial!

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

This looks really cool. I do have a question though. Are the arrows an important step and if so how/where is the option to use the arrows. My imitation is not fluid at all, like yours.

Hi Spireguy,
    The arrows are only a guide as to where the images will move to. They are not part of the actual animation.
    Thanks beretgascon.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Welcome to TalkGraphics Spireguy

Did you name your images? You have to add a name to every image first. Then when you copy the image to a new frame and modify the image (size, blue, rotation, etc.) Xara created a smooth transition. If you don't name the images then there is no transition. Just a jump.

Very nice tutorial Anas - Thank you both!
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

After I looked through the steps again I saw that I missed the naming part, thanks.

This would be perfect for displaying any collectible. And images could be linked to resource, detail, purchase info, etc.. Very smooth and attractive.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)