Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

Gary,
    Do you know what you might have done differently for your animation to finally work? I have tried several different combinations but still no luck. I've noticed that as the animation is processing, the information windows on the GoTo frames do display because you can see the 'Next' button flashing by, but haven't figured out how to stop that process to allow a visitor to read the info.

I agree with Jim that this capability has a lot of potential; I can think of a bunch of my existing sites on which a flash slide show like this would be a great addition. It would be helpful if Anas could share his .xar file.

Harry

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

Gary, Jim,

Anas sent me his .xar file and I immediately saw what the problem was - and fixed it. The GoTo control frames have to point to themselves, not to the next frame in the series. So, if the control frame after your first regular image frame (say, image1) is 'Next Image1', the frame name has to be 'Next Image1;goto next Image1'. Also, the text for the information window has to be added in the control frame, not the regular frame. Finally, the information window does not have to be a named object.

Harry

Congratulations, Harry. I'm sure Gary will want to update his tutorial when he reads this.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).