Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bitmaps disappeared while working on imported pdf

I have imported a page-size pdf into WD6 and have been modifying it to re-use. I'm almost finished with it, but when I looked at it today, 7 of the bitmaps (approximately half of them) are missing as indicated by the generic image placeholder (see attached). The file wasn't closed, nor was WD6 closed and restarted. Any suggestions why this might have happened, or where those bitmaps might be, before I start the project over?? Original file wasn't made with Xara.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture043.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	79742  

Default Re: Bitmaps disappeared while working on imported pdf

:knockhead: :knockhead: :knockhead:

You don't need stuff like this!

What happens if you re-import the PDF and then create bitmap copies of the bitmaps? Would that work?

It sounds as if the bitmaps were linked to a file that you may have deleted and the bitmaps imported were more like shortcuts to the images.

Default Re: Bitmaps disappeared while working on imported pdf

Gary,
    There's always something! I ended up rebuilding the entire thing, which actually worked out better as I could move items around easier, and place the text boxes better. I did re-import and took out the images I needed to use on the new version. Thanks for the suggestion (for next time).

Jim