Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

This is a day early but Anas has done such an excellent job I would not wait.

Guest Tutorial 96

The January 15 Xara Xone

Comments and questions for the Guest Tutor are always welcome.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15-Jan-2011-promo.png 
Views:	275 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	79354  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 14 January 2011 at 11:16 PM.

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

Very informative tutorial! I learned quite a lot from just reading. downloaded Zipped file for my liesurely pursuit.
    Thanks Anas.
    JimM

Default Re: Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 96 - A Flash Gallery/Slide Show - January 15 - FREE!

The effect is great, I can't wait to see the tutorial.
    THanks
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

The effect is great and I have been working with this tutorial for several days in PGD6. The image frames flash as advertised, but I cannot get the control frames and buttons to work correctly, no matter what combination of control frame 'goto' commands and mouse-over 'jump to frame' I use. I am guessing it has to do with the sequence of adding the information window and buttons - when and where to add them. The tutorial is not clear on that. I have added the information window and move button to the image frames, and then the text and 'Next' button to the control frames on to the information window - and then the reverse of that. Neither works correctly.

Has anyone other than Anas (props for the tutorial!) implemented this successfully, and, if so, any ideas as to how this needs to be created? A .xar file example would be very helpful...

Harry

Since my last post, I have re-created the animation again. This time the control frames seem to be doing their job, except for the mouse over buttons on the Go To control frames. They do not stop the animation at each frame so that the information window can be read. As per the tutorial, on each of those 'Next' buttons, I have gone to Utilities->Web Properties->Mouse-Over and set the 'Jump To Frame' to the subsequent regular image frame.

Ant thoughts on what I need to do to stop each image frame on the mouse over of the 'Next' button?

I had pretty much the same problem. Anas said it is easy for the page to get corrupted and suggested starting over from scratch. It took me a few times to get my animation to work correctly.

I'm having the same problem. I've started from scratch a few times Gary, but I will persevere with this as the concept has a lot of potential.

Jim

Gary,
    Do you know what you might have done differently for your animation to finally work? I have tried several different combinations but still no luck. I've noticed that as the animation is processing, the information windows on the GoTo frames do display because you can see the 'Next' button flashing by, but haven't figured out how to stop that process to allow a visitor to read the info.

I agree with Jim that this capability has a lot of potential; I can think of a bunch of my existing sites on which a flash slide show like this would be a great addition. It would be helpful if Anas could share his .xar file.

Harry

Gary, Jim,

Anas sent me his .xar file and I immediately saw what the problem was - and fixed it. The GoTo control frames have to point to themselves, not to the next frame in the series. So, if the control frame after your first regular image frame (say, image1) is 'Next Image1', the frame name has to be 'Next Image1;goto next Image1'. Also, the text for the information window has to be added in the control frame, not the regular frame. Finally, the information window does not have to be a named object.

Harry

Congratulations, Harry. I'm sure Gary will want to update his tutorial when he reads this.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).