Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question URGENT....Can't use templates?

I am using Web Designer Pro 6 and when I try to use one of the templates it says I have to go to the help and download the templates, install them and restart Web Designer.

I did that and when I clicked to install them a screen came up to REPAIR or REMOVE I selected REPAIR it looked like it was re-installing my program.

The templates still didn't work...the file name of the download I use was: Xara_Designer_Pro_6_content_en-GB.exe.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the templates?

Thanks

Default Re: URGENT....Can't use templates?

Are you using the Download version of Web Designer or the disc version?

I just went through the download process (I have the disc version) (Help > Get Templates) and after downloading the 150 MB file, I clicked on the icon and it is now reinstalling all of the templates.

So, maybe this is what you need to do. Download the installation program (Help > Get Templates), and install the templates this way.

Are you using the Download version of Web Designer or the disc version?

I just went through the download process (I have the disc version) (Help > Get Templates) and after downloading the 150 MB file, I clicked on the icon and it is now reinstalling all of the templates.

So, maybe this is what you need to do. Download the installation program (Help > Get Templates), and install the templates this way.

Thank you for such a speedy response! I am using the disc version and mine says "download templates" not get templates" I downloaded a 152 mg file and when I try to install it I get REPAIR or REMOVE!!! It doesn't install templates at all!!!

Thumbs up Re: URGENT....Can't use templates?

I re-installed the program from my disc and the get templates was NOT there so I tried to open a template and they were all there.

I had updated the software from the menu before the re-install, it upgraded to 6.1.2 and my disc is 6.1.1. I don't think I am going to do that again. That may have been what the problem was....I had used the templates before without any problem until that update!!!

Thanks again for your help...I really love this program just need to continue to learn how to use it.

i could be wrong - please forgive me if i am - but it sounds like you are downloading the templates file - then clicking on the wrong icon to install them - you maybe are clicking on the main program install program - both icons are the same :-)

its only a maybe though :-)