Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara MenuMaker

Default Xara MenuMaker

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum... couldn't find one specifically relating to MenuMaker.

Here's my question... I wanted to change the font used in a menu, but when I went into MenuMaker, the font I wanted to use (ITC Lubalin Graph) wasn't in the list. I can tell that MenuMaker draws from the fonts on my system and I definitely have this font installed and own the license for it so at first I was scratching my head. Then it occurred to me that maybe MenuMaker only displays certain kinds of fonts such as TT. I checked a couple and sure enough, it does seem like MenuMaker only shows the TT fonts and not the OpenType ones (which is what the font is that I wanted to use).

Is that the case? Is there some way I can get MenuMaker to use the OT fonts? Or am I just out of luck? I couldn't find any TT alternatives to the font I want to use so I'm a bit stymied.

Default Re: Xara MenuMaker

Love that font. Lubalin is one of the great contemporary graphic designers as well as type designers.

I suspect that Menu Maker uses only True Type or Type 1 fonts, but I do not know this for a fact.

The Menu Maker only uses True Type fonts.

Remember the program was released in 2004 which was before many Open Type fonts were available for Windows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm-fonts.png 
Views:	618 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	79313  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Love that font. Lubalin is one of the great contemporary graphic designers as well as type designers.

I suspect that Menu Maker uses only True Type or Type 1 fonts, but I do not know this for a fact.
    Yes, that's what I was thinking as well. I take it Xara hasn't updated that program? I happen to love it and use it frequently. I'd definitely buy the upgrade if they came out with one to include the OT fonts as well.

Soquili, do you know if Xara plans to update MenuMaker at all? I would love to upgrade to a version that supports the Open Type fonts.

Xara keeps information about development and updates very confidential. Only someone within their development team would know what they are working on.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update