Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting xara 3d into mobile phone

Hi guys, new to this site, i have made some stunning animation rotating logos,
    i wanted to use some of them on my Mobile phone to use as screen saver,
    but cant seem to do it, can you help please

Default Re: exporting xara 3d into mobile phone

Probably just as well. Animation is a good way to drain your battery.

hi pauland but can it be done it i wanted to do it??

There is no single way to do anything that works on every mobile phone, so it depends on what phone you have. I would guess that you'd need to look for a screensaver function that accepted an animated gif or flash swf. I have never attempted to build a phone screensaver and as I said, continuous animation is a very bad idea for mobiles.

Hi Bernimac,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara 3D would not be able to create a screensaver for your mobile phone, but you may be able to use an animated .gif or .swf exported from Xara3D.

You would need an app designed for your mobile's operating system as a wrapper for the animation.

Screen Savers are actually computer programs that use graphics, not graphics that interact with your operating system.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks very much for your replies

Well, I simply export logos as .swf (bmp, not vector) In my Nokia phone they all work nicely as screensaver and background image, haven't tried other phones but surely they support novadays .swf files, just try different sizes and trial and error you'll find precise size for you mobile, for example my boy wanted to have call of Duty Black Ops logo spinning in his mobile, so I made him one,pretty sure his frindes don't have similar in their phones so it's cool..check Black Ops logo..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have exported several animated gifs to my iphone as wallpaper, but that required the phone to be jailbroken, and other Cydia apps (especially Winterboard) to be installed. An enjoyable experiment, and I learned a lot in the process, as quite a bit of tinkering was required to optimise the animations, but the 3G is lacking a bit in CPU and memory for this to be a generally good idea. Other models and phone OSes will have their own issues, and I cannot really comment on them, except to say that having the idea and being able to follow it through is probably not purely an exercise in graphics/animation, some technical expertise may be required, too.

Mike