Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 ERROR----OUT OF MEMORY!!!!!

Hello everyone
    I am a newbie and am having great difficulties with xara webdesigner6.
    I have made my website(hosted on magix) www.fortperchrockmarineradiomuseum.co.uk
    I have been trying to upload some new content to the site but each time i EXPORT
    ready for publishing after exporting about 32% the ERROR MESSAGE comes up and says OUT OF MEMORY.
    Please does anyone have any problems similar to this and know of any answers to this problem???
    Which memory are they talking about please????
    How much memory space does MAGIX/XARA allow for a website???? Is it limited at all???
    I get the same problem whichever hard drive I use, I have 2 hard drives both less than half full of 500GB and 320GB. I have increased the pc RAM from 1 to 2 GB---still same error. Virtual memory is at maximum.
    Please is the problem my PC or is it the Xara/magix programme not allowing me to export??? this is my 1st attempt at making a site using this programme. I am now completely stumped and do not know what to do next---HELP PLEASE!!
    I cannot contact magix/xara technical support as they say i am not registered , i registered last year when I bought the programme from them!! I now try and re register the same software and it will not accept anything. also they want you to buy a £25 voucher just to ring them up------ any ideas how i can contact them would be appreciated. many thanks freddythefrog

Default Re: ERROR----OUT OF MEMORY!!!!!

Optimise all JPEGS, save, close, reboot, open WD6 and re export.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello Neodienst
    Many thanks for your quick reply, I have now tried this 4, yes four times with same but different copies and when exporting, at about 32% still the same error--OUT OF MEMORY hence cannot upload the changed files.
    ANY more Ideas at all??? Any help gratefully accepted and appreciated!!
    many thanks cheers freddythefrog

Hi Freddy

How big is the *.web file?
    How many pages?
    How many photos/bitmaps?

Xara's achilles heel is that ALL PAGES in a document are loaded into memory. The bigger the *.web the more memory required to load it for editing. Come export time, no memory left.

Answer: Split big site into more than one *.web and use relative links between them. This will act just like one site to the end-user.
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 10 January 2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: spiling & gramer
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello Neodiest
    Many thanks your quick reply again----very much appreciated.
    the .web file is about 22MB, page numbers are 30, jpegs 277 and 11 bitmaps. (all jpegs are optimized ok)
    Maybe I will try and split the site into 2 as you kindly suggested.
    Once again many thanks for your help.
    Had a message telling me off for writing on here-----sorry---my 1st post. cheers freddythefrog

I am having similar problems. I have tried to break the site down in to five directories, saved as 5 seperate files but sill "out of memory"
    Currently my file is 9 pages, 99 bitmaps, 217 objects, memory used 930m, bitmap size 929m.
    Now I have no idea what I am doing, just a simple car builder, but I thought that I had this figured out. I had 19 pages at first with no "out of memory" now I have split the pages and I am down to 9 with less content and its still happening. Help please.
    I have done this to many times and getting fustrated.

thanks

Aaron

This is off the top of my head but when you optimized the jpegs, did you also remove the original (i.e., non-optimized) pictures from your .web/.xar file? To do this, open the Bitmap Gallery (Utilities/Galleries/Bitmap Gallery) and remove the originals and leave the ones that have "(Optimized)" next to their file name. Hope that this solves the memory issue.