Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naming Trick

Default Re: Naming Trick

I got it now! After seeing the two samples on your other (post xara-users I think), I played with a sliced photo and had it flying around pretty well. 8 pieces all one name. Nice. Very handy. Have been naming each individually. For some projects this will be quite lovely!

Attached my simple little test file. It even has 1/4 rotation working as part of the naming trick.

But one more question for the night (will start new list tomorrow...)

Your file extension is .web. I use .xar
    When should I use .web/.xar or does it matter?
    Even my website file is .xar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by samrc; 10 June 2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: attachment
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

.WEB files are created by Xara Web Designer while .XAR are created by the Graphics Designer series.
    The are basically the same files and so can be read by both software products.
    The reason why they have different names is that Web Designer is generally a Graphic Designer with less functions, so you know that if you open an .XAR file in Web Designer you will not be loading all the information.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Ok. I had XWD 5 & 6 but when XDP6 came out I upgraded my XXP5 to XDP6 and dropped XWD line since the XDP line contains it all...

Based on your answer, I can keep my .xar file extension for my web files since they are built/maintained in XDP7 now. (Have been through too many versions of the program and just got confused! LOL)
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Nice cat Sam.
    One thing you can do to improve your results is make sure your positions and sizes are both in whole numbers - no decimal.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

LOL Cat photo was supplied to me in an email years ago. Had it as a background of my desktop and grabbed it for the test.

Thanks for the guidance! Will keep it in mind.
    I am more careful on real projects and didn't even bother to check on this little test.
    Even numbers would probably get rid of the 'sparkly' effect when stretching and sliding since there are partial pixels.

Was intent on learning the multi-object - one name technique, and seeing if rotate could be included (since your note on the other forum said rotation is problematical.)
    -Samantha