Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Newbie Friendly Website

Hi! I created this website in order to give aspiring web designers (especially Xara software users) advice on planning, design and publishing of their own sites. It's still only a fledgling and needs to grow, but I plan to continue developing it and adding articles and tutorials on a weekly basis. Thanks for the opportunity to post here.

The URL is newbie2webdesigner.com

Jonathan

Default Re: Newbie Friendly Website

This is one of the best Xara designed sites I've seen Jon. Congratulations.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Thanks James for your kind assessment... Glad you like it.

An excellent well designed and informative site, particularly for xara users. I'm sure it will be an appriciated alternative resource for web site builders.
    Derek

Thanks Derek! Encouragement like that makes all the hard work worthwhile... especially when it comes from guys like you and James. Just had a look at your featured art in XaraXone. Very impressive! The 'Golfist' reminds me of someone I know, who maintains that golf relaxes him, yet looks like your illustration every sunday.

That's a great resource - particularly for not-so-web-saavy folks like myself. thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you find the information on the site useful edm3! Like i said, i will try to add a new article or tutorial at least once a week, so keep checking in. If you or anyone else would like to receive notifications when new articles or tutorials are added, then kindly submit your details through the contact page on Newbie2WebDesigner.com (We will not share contact or personal details with any third parties)

You are also welcome to comment (constructively ) or make suggestions... especially topic/tutorial suggestions that you would like me to cover. Thanks for your feedback and compliment!

Jon

Hi John,

Nice, clear, informative website but I get an error in IE7 trying to access http://newbie2webdesigner.com/contact.htm. However, I thinks it's pretty misinformed sticking a banner advert on the front page advertising xarausers .info when TalkGraphics has over 380,000 posts compared to their 8,000. The very least you could do is put a banner ad for talkgraphics.com, the Internet's first, biggest, completely free and most authoritative resource on all Xara products.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks for spotting the navigational error and letting me know. Thanks also for the compliment.

As for the XaraUsers ad... They have a section on the site which encourages members to display their banners... I haven't found a section on Talk Graphics yet that does, so i presume that i would have to apply for permission.

I'm planning to have several logos/banner ads in the same space on my home-page, which link to valuable resources. This would most definitely include Talk Graphis and XaraXone etc. I just haven't had time to ask permission to display the logos yet.

I don't favor one forum over the other, and am a proud member of both. Even though Talk Graphics is much bigger (post-wise), XaraUsers also has a lot of useful tutorials which are often referred to often in Talk Graphics posts for certain topics. That's why i feel that it also deserves a mention.

I apologize if i gave the impression that I only recommend XaraUsers... I equally recommend Talk Graphics and will get my ducks (logos) in a row ASAP.

Jon

Not bad after 6 months! XU is for Xara users too Frank, why should it be less worthy because it's new, fresh and wants people to be friendly in their attitude? It's not in competition with TG, that seems a ridiculous attitude to take. And it's free, I don't like the implication that it isn't! If that was not your intention, to what are you referring that is not free?

It's none of your business what the poster puts on his site. Nor mine. Nor anyone's ... except the poster. As long as it's not defamatory or something similar, which it isn't. It's a site, like XU, trying to help people without negativity.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64