Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default google page rank 0 after 1.5 years

Does anyone have an idea why www.spotlessserviceslp.com is earning a page rank of 0 in Google using Xara Web Design? The site has been live for about 1.5 years, but still is not ranked. I wonder if this is due to using Xara, and the reverse order of the html.

Default Re: google page rank 0 after 1.5 years

The site is listed in Google but they don't have any inbound links to spotlessserviceslp.com or www.spotlessserviceslp.com - this is going to be a major factor to your lack of visibility.

Check out the Google Advanced Search tips to find out more about how to use Google to find out why your site is doing badly and here's the Google webmaster PDF - learn it by heart!

Check out this page on About.com to find out why your site is doing badly - you'll find out that although your site looks good to the human visitor, it is virtually invisible to search engine spiders. Content and keywords is king.

By the way, your search engine ranking has very little to do with the fact you used Xara to create the site, although there are things you can do to make text more visible to search engine spiders.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 07 January 2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: add last point
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I agree... You're almost there, but you need to get more inbound links from reputable sources. Look at the graph on this fascinating article: Google Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by moganowski View Post
    Does anyone have an idea why www.spotlessserviceslp.com is earning a page rank of 0 in Google using Xara Web Design? The site has been live for about 1.5 years, but still is not ranked. I wonder if this is due to using Xara, and the reverse order of the html.
    How are you determining what the pagerank is? From everything I've read, the google toolbar way out of date (which is why I got rid of it a few years ago), and it's not that important anyway. I'd worry about other things.