Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default help with html and web designer 6

hi folks im new to web designer but find it pretty darn good and well suited to my graphics background in coreldraw. however i am having problems and would really appreciate some help, i have searched the forum but cant find anything to help me, which i found a bit strange as i can be the first to have this problem.

the problem is i cant find how i can add metatags to a webpage/website?
    in despair i went back to my trusty html editor and added them in but have just realised that i need another page added, menus etc and that my .web file will not have the added html meta tags or google tracking code. so if i make my amendments and upload again i will lose all my hard work.

it is my intention to start providing web design services to local businesses and using xara to do it. but without being able to add meta tags or infact any other html i think ill be forced to rethink the use of web designer.

any help appreciated.

james.

Default Re: help with html and web designer 6

Utilities>>Web Properties>>Website [tab]

Any other meta tag entry can be added via a placeholder object which is then named

<head>

by clicking on the yellow icon on the info bar or by right-clicking the placeholder object and choosing 'Names...' then moving it to the pasteboard [off the white page in other words].
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

And in addition to that nothing prevents you from adding whatever you like to the exported html files exported by Xara/WD.
    Renaming them .php and add some dynamic php code for instance?

Except that next time you export from Xara all your html editing will need to be redone. Best to add code snippets via 'placeholders' as mentioned (even php) These always get written to the generated HTML

Even if you need to place code at the very beginning of the exported HTML page (for server side scripts). This is possible and works similarly to <head> placeholders. The name to assign to such a placeholder is "<html>"

See: http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...f=8&t=218#p947

There should never be a reason to edit the exported HTML
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

thankyou for the quick response ill give that a go and see if i can do it.

nope dont get it, is there a tutorial

Hi John. Can I use placeholders to move pictures? I chose a template that has three pics overlapping each other and I need to seperate them so I can work on them individually.

werkzeug, i think you should start your own thread rather than hijacking mine, dont you think

Thumbs up Re: help with html and web designer 6

final got it.

as above but my metatag was not showing, i found when I right clicked the placeholder and went to web properties, clicked the placeholder tab and placed a check in the 'relplace with html code' and in the box underneath added the tags i wanted on my page, applied and uploaded they all showed up,

job done

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. respect to Neodeist