Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am very busy with this matter at the moment. This is the beginning of the flowering time this year here.

Transparencies and feathering are used and also my wooly caterpillar brush in the background.

The four rose varieties in close up are my "opus" (not with Xara X but with Nature!).

They are:

'Muscadelle', a lianous climber (above left),
    'Paula Vapelle', a perpetual flowering Scotch rose (below left; Paula Vapelle is my mother's name),
    'Petite de Terre Franche', an everflowering Hybrid musk (below center),
    'Louis mon ami', a one flowering Ayrshire rambler (below right).

My rose garden is about 60 ares and contains around 450 varieties; amongs them a lot of unique ones created by my late friend the belgian rosarian Louis Lens.

The address of this (totally organically grown) garden is:

"Roseraie communale de Terre Franche"
    2, rue Colleau
    1325 Chaumont-Gistoux
    Brabant Wallon
    Belgium

It is open all time every year and entry is free. But it is at its best in june because many of the wild and old roses are in bloom only at this period.

The garden is situated around the "maison communale" (community's administration house). And Chaumont-Gistoux stay at 35 km from Brussels.
    Take the superhighway from Brussels to Namur, exit at Wavre centre, enter to the town and on the first place (place A. Bosch) take to the right the direction of Perwez. After 10 km from Wavre you will see a church at the left of the road; turn to left after the church. Then the Maison communale is on your right at the first crossroad.

Welcome to you everybody!

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rosim.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	12967  

I am very busy with this matter at the moment. This is the beginning of the flowering time this year here.

Transparencies and feathering are used and also my wooly caterpillar brush in the background.

The four rose varieties in close up are my "opus" (not with Xara X but with Nature!).

They are:

'Muscadelle', a lianous climber (above left),
    'Paula Vapelle', a perpetual flowering Scotch rose (below left; Paula Vapelle is my mother's name),
    'Petite de Terre Franche', an everflowering Hybrid musk (below center),
    'Louis mon ami', a one flowering Ayrshire rambler (below right).

My rose garden is about 60 ares and contains around 450 varieties; amongs them a lot of unique ones created by my late friend the belgian rosarian Louis Lens.

The address of this (totally organically grown) garden is:

"Roseraie communale de Terre Franche"
    2, rue Colleau
    1325 Chaumont-Gistoux
    Brabant Wallon
    Belgium

It is open all time every year and entry is free. But it is at its best in june because many of the wild and old roses are in bloom only at this period.

The garden is situated around the "maison communale" (community's administration house). And Chaumont-Gistoux stay at 35 km from Brussels.
    Take the superhighway from Brussels to Namur, exit at Wavre centre, enter to the town and on the first place (place A. Bosch) take to the right the direction of Perwez. After 10 km from Wavre you will see a church at the left of the road; turn to left after the church. Then the Maison communale is on your right at the first crossroad.

Welcome to you everybody!

ivan

Thats really beatiful Ivan - One day I hope I will visit the real thing.

Regards

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ivan,
    You can't possibly take care of 450 roses and still have time for Xara. I only have 30 bushes and am up to my armpits in aphids and fungus.

But aren't they lovely. Addicting, nay .. a vice.

Regards, (hope you get to sleep)..........Tad

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ivan. Someday, somehow, I will get to Belgium and visit your garden. You mention 450 varieties. How many rose bushes do you have?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hello Christine,

you asked it and you have it! It lacks the beautiful and very various fragrances ('Paula Vapelle' smells like orange candy, I have another one which has a strong coriander seed scent, ...);
    And Tad, aphids grow very well in my garden but everybody must eat; I never spray my roses but I eliminate any too susceptible variety;
    And Ross, I don't have much more individual plants than the number of varieties because a lot of them are shrubby, producing many suckers (they often are on their own roots and thus the suckers reproduce the true variety); other ones are big and vigorous ramblers taking a lot of room and my garden is not so big!

Thanks for your feed back and of course I would be happy to see you here!

ivan