Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
Interesting post, spline. Were these tools/functions listed in order of importance to you? I’m just wondering which was the most important in your opinion.

Regarding the ability to rotate only selected points, are you thinking of the liquefy/twirl tool in Photoshop, or did they have that in another vector program?

I can see how the fillet/scallop/chamfer tool would be very useful for font making, though I would never need it myself for much.

You mentioned a symmetrical tool for making mirror and symmetrical stuff – do you mean a way to edit one shape and see a reflection of it doing the same thing in real time? Normally I do the work and then clone and flip – how would this tool improve on that?

What is an inset/outset function?
Inset/outset will make the object shrink/expand, but not scale it. Its allmost like creating a outline/inline that adds or removes from the object.
Many times useful for many operations. It will change the look of the object.

When selecting several points in an object and rotating/scaling it, I mean that those points can be on different places in the object, for example selecting the inner points of a star and rotating them somewhat or scaling the position of them. U can do it in most 3d programs and the latest inkscape.

Fillet/scallop is often very useful when making logos or even frames/buttons that have not rounded corners but instead are inset. Something very useful.
Its also useful when you have a pointy star and want to make it rounded instead etc etc...