Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshows/highslide for Flash panoramas?

I'm building a site where I want to show a lot of 360 panoramas and VR tours, some of them using Java/XML, but most of them using Flash.
    The Flash panos are also using an XML file, and the pano is inserted into a <div id="content> tag using swfobject.js
    I want to select the pano/tour from a list, either thumbs or text, and show them inside the page.
    It works fine displaying them on the page using iframe in a HTMLplaceholder.
    I did some test by adding a popupLayer with such an iframe on each one.
    Unfortunately all the hidden popup layers seems to load while the main page is loading, which makes this impossible to use when there are lots of panos/popups. The Java panos were behaving particularly bad on popups

Here's a very unfinished test page: http://bknilssen.no/X/
    On the Panorama page are those tests:
    On the wide menu on the lower left side are a few functional buttons:
    Posebyen opens a Java tour in a new window.
    Festninga opens a Flash pano in a popup iframe using php (showing the pano parameter for testing purposes).
    Tall Ships Racing also opens in a popup/iFrame.

Any ideas how I may reuse the popup (or a fixed frame) to show lots of panos (hundreds) on the same page, without having to load them all while opening the page?
    Or are there snippets/widgets available for such purposes?

TIA

Default Re: Slideshows/highslide for Flash panoramas?

Apparently not something that people need to do here? Or maybe I made a misleading Subject line?

Anyway, after some more research it loks like AJAX/Javascript/XMLHttpRequest is the way to go for doing this?

You can create a popup that displays a flash like this:
    http://www.webdesignertemplate.com/B...ttonsFlash.htm
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Thanks, but it is not a problem to load one ore a few swf files.
    The problem is that I want to view hundreds of swf files, one at a time.
    Actually it is just one (or a few) swf file(s), and it's rather small.
    But the accompanying XML file changes, and loads different cube face images as well as add controls, behaviour etc for interactive panoramas and tours. The images a re typically 2-8MB or even more, and as popup layers appears to load at the same time as the page loads, it won't be possible to load hundreds of such images at the same time.
    I could handle the different XML files using php from inside the Xara pages, but then I would have to view them in a separate window (I think?), which is acceptable, but maybe not the best option.
    Using Ajax it should be possible to reload those panoramafiles inline the page.
    I haven't had the time to test it yet though, so I may bump into problems...