Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing background Colour for Text Panel and Nav Bar

Hi
    sorry if this seems basic but as a newbie on WD6 I have had trouble with changing the background colour with a text panel I took from the Design Gallery. It inserts into a page with a grey background with its own white background that I can't seem to change.
    Anyone know how to simply change the text panel b/g as its supposed to be able to be done as defined in the Web Design Summary Manual?

Similarly when I used an existing Nav bar off a Design gallery template I was unable to alter its b/g colour, although I could alter the menu colours including mouse over through the nav bar menu panel, but not the nav bar b/g itself. Any help appreciated greatly

Greg

Default Re: Changing background Colour for Text Panel and Nav Bar

Hi Greg,
    The panel colour can be changed from the colour editor. It's a named colour.
    Open the colour editor and select panel colour from the drop down list and you can select any colour you like from there. If you want an existing colour from your page then drag the colour picker(eye dropper) to it.
    Hope this helps, regards
    Peter

Peter
    Ok great it works on the Text Panel. Many thanks.

However this doesn't work with the NavBar as such. Its obviously setup differently. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by greg; 04 January 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Greg

NavBars need to be ungrouped for editing then recreated.

Double click on the navbar, then click the Ungroup to Edit Graphics button in the lower left of the dialog.

Delete all but one button. Arrange > Remove Soft Group. This leaves two groups on two different layers.

Edit each button. Then Arrange > Apply Soft Group.

In the Website Properties menu select Create Navigation Bar.

Recreate your navbar.