Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone have trouble placing Chitika ad code?

Hi! Hope someone can help me with a problem... I've been trying to add the Javascript code for text ads from Chitika. When i copy and past the code into my site, it doesn't generate a placeholder... just a small grouping of 9 squares (as if there was small invisible placeholder). I'm definately pasting onto the mouse off layer, so not hidden. Even tried pasting off the page, but no luck.

Also tried making a placeholder and replacing with the code... also no luck.

Has anyone successfully added Chitika ads to a site and is there a way to add the code that i'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Red face Re: Anyone have trouble placing Chitika ad code?

Ok, i solved the problem... silly really! Had to create a placeholder of the same dimensions as the ad list and insert the code using the 'replace with html' field. Then position the placeholder where i wanted it. If you don't do this, you have no idea where you've inserted the code, and you would struggle to remove it again without a visible placeholder.

What through me off originally was that there was no automatic placeholder generation (as with Adsense). Only realized afterwards that Chitika only displays search ads to USA and Canada (i'm in South Africa), and only to those who arrive at your page through search, so probably why no placeholder was generated.