Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 What Would Be Awsome...

I'm not a big fan of full on Flash websites, but what would be really awesome in DP6 would be the ability to create small Flash movies and have them triggered by clicking on an element (i.e navigation link) and then play within a layer inside of the website.

Perhaps this is already a possibility if I create a layer that has a Flash placeholder. When the layer pops up the Flash movie plays. Has anyone else done this?

Default Re: What Would Be Awsome...

I've tested this theory and it works... 1 time. By clicking on a link to bring up the popup layer, the Flash movie that is in the placeholder will play one time and then if you click off to close the layer and click it again, only one frame of the Flash movie will show on the second try.

Anyone have any ideas to work around this?

Default Re: What Would Be Awsome...

Works fine when you use mouseover.
    See this example:
    http://www.webdesignertemplate.com/B...ttonsFlash.htm
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

xdp6 Re: What Would Be Awsome...

Thanks for the example. Have you tried it with an onclick?

My solution was to go with some Javascript (and WB7.5) for this project. The program has every JS animation library that I will need to accomplish the clients vision built in. It's faster than putting a ton of code in placeholders. I just select a link and a layer and then select the animation properties for my onclick, onmouseover, and onmouseoff. Very fast and easy. Something Xara cannot accomplish without copying and pasting code into placeholders.

You gotta do what you've gotta do...

Check out the work in progress here: precision coatings