Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Linear fill - along a curve - is it possible?

Figure it out yourself. As Risto said, I ain't your _____. I will guarantee that it can be made to be as good as your own effort, as it basically simulates an elliptical fill using a blend, and the ultimate mathematical operations are the same as the fill tool would ultimately use. If I posted it, all you would do is find fault with it regardless of that fact.
    IP

Okay David.

Well, if a customer wants me to use your blend at 24” wide, with its blunt end, serrations, transparency and colour loss, I’ll dig it up for him. Otherwise I’ll stick with the pointy, straight, full colour opaque ellipse-filled vector shape that reproduces perfectly at any size. Bye now and take care, hear?

For those interested, I would still like to see any blends that can simulate the curved object in question. Please remember that resizing is important, as is the resource aspect (999 steps is way too much if we need to use this shape fifty times in a file), not to mention the correct parameters like pointiness, straightness and accurate, curved, shadlow-like fill.

Whew.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP

Jesus might have died first... James got a lot of hymns... But David did all the real work... Seriously, David, I'm sorry to see that a mod crucified you at TG for trying to help a fellow member. I don't get it. I just don't get it...
    IP

Your drunken rambling contributes nothing to this conversation about blends Risto. If you had a solution we all know you’d be all over it like a rash.
    IP

I tried... David's solution is better than mine.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    I tried... David's solution is better than mine.
    David's blend had problems, as explained. For instance, you can't go to a customer with transparent artwork when the artwork is supposed to be opaque.
    IP

As for the drunken rambling comment... I'm Swedish, dude, and English is my third language. I apologise for any poor grammar and spelling. Your comment is also hurtful - not really... It is expected... It is also inane!

You are doing a great job representing Xara/Magix . FFS!
    IP

I'm not talking about grammar and spelling - just your drunken rambling, which I've seen many times before. This is the internet and you're trolling, and most drunken sounding trolls in my experience are usually drunk. Instead of whining about it, try avoiding that behavior and all will be well.
    IP

Well, you sound insane, so where does that leave us? Look what David did for the OP? He IS NOT your bitch to slap around. That is all I am saying.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Well, you sound insane, so where does that leave us? Look what David did for the OP? He IS NOT your bitch to slap around. That is all I am saying.
    Which is the kind of drunken rambling comment you always make when you're drunk and rambling. You were doing this here years ago, and nothing's changed. If you're hoping and praying I will do something about you, keep praying. I'd rather people see you for what you are, tough guy on the net.
    IP