Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to add "loading" information during video loading inside a website

Hi all,
    I insert a video (.mp4) in my website (created with webdesigner6). It works.
    The first time when I launch the video, it need a little bit time to upload the video.
    My question: is it possible to add an information as text or picture, to inform the user about loading, for example "please wait" or "loading".The only information is the blue line which is going to the right but not really visible the first time.
    The video is here: http://am-concept.fr/dossiers%20techniques.htm
    Thanks for help.

Marc.
    www.am-concept.fr

Default Re: How to add "loading" information during video loading inside a website

No. Not possible with Xara's player.

Only option is to use another player which shows a loading spinner, like JWPlayer, it's free.

http://www.longtailvideo.com/
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: How to add "loading" information during video loading inside a website

Good pointer John.

i went to their (jwplayer)site and downloaded their player, would there be a simpler way to use it with XWD6 than the fairly technical instructions they provide. Im not a coder nor was i planning on becoming one, but i would love to have a video player that i can use a frame of my video as the thumbnail, or even a larger pop up player from a smaller thumbnail. Any suggestions?

All the external players are for people who can be bothered to fiddle afaik XWD, being wysiwyg, avoids the fiddling but is necessarily limited. Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

OK,
    Thanks for information, I will keep the xara's player and just put a small text to precise to wait during loading.

Best regards,

Marc.