Well, I realize that most people who use Xara don't use it as a drawing tool in the sense of drawing as you would with a pencil. And I also realize that I have been pretty much a lone voice in the woods when asking for features that would benefit mainly me. But I think Xara would have a much larger user base if it added tools with artists in mind rather than designers. There's no argument that DP6 is a fantastic design tool.

I have loathed Illustrator for many years. However recently, I find myself needing to use it more mainly because I get errors when I export PDF files which don't always translate correctly. Exporting PSD's are seemingly my only option for exporting a mix of transparent bitmaps and vector objects.

Recently, I have been using the blob/eraser brush in Illustrator because it's a more natural and faster drawing tool than what is available to me currently in DP6. I honestly don't care about the tools that I use, I use what works best for me. More often than not Xara has been my go to tool for 90% of what I have to do. That is why I continue to use it after 15 years.

But when other applications make improvements to their tools, why should I not use them if they can do what I need more efficiently? And what is wrong with wanting those tools (the features of a vector program) to be similarly implemented into my regular vector program?