Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Merge Xara/SBI site

Can one have their cake and eat it as well?

If one is designing a site using Designer Pro, is there a way to cut/paste or in some manner get pages designed in XD6 into a SiteBuildIi site without doing so with html? Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Merge Xara/SBI site

Why would you want to do this?

I have use SBI in the past and in my opinion there is no other program out there that is better for building a top rated search engine website. They have all the instructions and all the tools in one place and walk you through it step by step. The last I saw was that over 60% of the sites built with them score in the top 3% of a google search.

I know that one can paste html code into their website but don't know if there is a way pages designed with Xara could be put in or if parts of a Xara site's html can be copied.

Would be nice to be able to use XD6 to design some of the pages and get that into a SBI site to use all their tools for content, etc.

And a Happy New Year, everyone - here is hoping it is the best yet for you and yours. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Thank you for the explanation.

Xara web design solutions create a folder on export that contains images, style sheets, java scripts, and other things. If you copy the HTML page source you will also need to have the index_html_files folder in the same directory.

Web sites that score high in an SEO search are more often than not sites with A) Relevant content, B) Good meta tags with well chosen keywords and site description, C) Have a good domain name that explains the content, D) Have a TITLE that clearly identifies the site, and E) Have text on the home page that relates to the previous points.

You have not listed a Xara product on your TG Profile page but you can add all this information when you design a website with a Xara product.

There are two areas that let you identify content on your site, the Website Properties tabbed section--this is for information that relates to the entire site, and the Page tabbed section. The info in the Page tabbed section can be similar to the Website Properties tabbed section but it can also contain keywords, titles, etc. that are unique to each page.

The effort you put into choosing the best keywords, description and title are very important. And of course having a unique product helps. Even the best SEO optimized web site is not going to do very much for you if you are in a really crowded category.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seo-info.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	78574  

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Would be nice to be able to use XD6 to design some of the pages and get that into a SBI site to use all their tools for content, etc.
    I wouldn't hold your breath hoping for this too long. It's not a wish that is likely to come true in any useful way. There has been lots of discussion about why Xara HTML doesn't play nicely with the rest of the world.

Tks Gary and Pauland - gives me some info to work with.

As for Xara products, I started with Xara about the time 3D came out and have, I believe, all their products since - except for the added Magic programs. I did upgrade to Designer Pro this last time, the first time I have use a Pro version. Although a few problems here and there, with the support you guys give us here it is an outstanding product. Of note, every program I have has been registered but every time I open the prograrms it ask if I want to register them. Sent an email to Xara several years ago and they came back with a list of the programs I had and that they were all registered - not a way to stop the asking.

Your info on web sites is spot on and, although there is no one part of the puzzle that is not important, content is at the top of the list - pages and pages and pages of content. It is not uncommon for a top rated web site with have hundred of pages of content. Another are links - links IN to your site being more important than links out. These are the strong points of SBI - they have programs that will give you content on any subject you want a page about - which you do not use word for word, the search engines will pick up on duplicated info. And although key words are not nearly as important as they use to be, they will give you a list of the best keywords for the subject of the page of content. Not trying to advertise them but it is just a good program. The one bad point being you have to enter outside their program info in html, can't cut and paste like we do in Xara.

Again, tks for the help and a good New Year to all - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com