Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How credible is a Firefactor scale

I have just submitted my new completed website to coffeecups web optimisation service following a number of recommendation for coffeecups software here in various posts and am wondering how credible / accurate their reports are?
    Has anyone else used their Web Optimization service to analyse their site and is it worth while paying for a full report?
    Do other WebDesigner people here use this as a tool and is their FireFactor scale a recognised industry benchmark?

Default Re: How credible is a Firefactor scale

Until your post I had never heard of the "FireFactor scale" and I've had a finger in the web industry for a long time. As far as I can tell it seems to be peculiar to coffeecup - maybe a marketing gimmick for their analysis service - google has very little about it. Credible? well depends what that means. A scale rating means little - credible or not. What matters is that the website works for your business - that's not dependent on the credibility (or not) of "FireFactor".

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have never heard of the Firefactor scale either. I have heard of Coffee Cup and they are a good company. But I have to agree with Paul, sounds like a marketing gimmick.

Same here, not heard this term. I find the the best option is to sign up to google webmaster tools, install google analytics and you should be ok and the plus is that all this is free!
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks for the replies! I had requested a Mini-Report on the site I have just completed for my business and being my first venture in webdesign I was eager to find out where I had missed the mark as far as structure, tags and keywords etc. Firefactor came back with limited information by way of the free Mini-Report (as expected), however it seems to highlight some short comings in my design that sparked my curiosity about what areas of the site I have not got the structure right. If I was post a link to the site and ask for feedback is that OK?