Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrading to Designer Pro 6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my xara.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	78527Am a bit confused. I have already bought several XARA products and enjoy them very much and would like to upgrade to Designer Pro 6. To be honest, it took quite some time to resolve the dark/light issues of XWD6 and now that a newer product is available (XDP6 trial expired) I'm not thrilled with spending more cash. Problem is - I like the new XDP6. Based on my registered products (attached) what is the most cost effective (cheapest) upgrade available for DPro6?

Thanks!

Cliff

Default Re: Upgrading to Designer Pro 6

Hi

the US upgrade options are here:

http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/upgrade/

check them out against the products that you already own to see which option is cheapest

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Cliff

Web Designer has very limited editing and transparency capabilities. Designer Pro 6 combines the best of everything. The best drawing and editing tools. More powerful transparency options, the 3D Extrusion Tool, plus the latest web design creation and publishing tools.

If you are getting along fine without these tools then maybe you should stick with Web Designer. But if you are feeling restrained, then I think Designer Pro 6 is worth the upgrade. Compared to something like CorelDRAW or Illustrator, DP6 is a powerful set of tools at a very reasonable price.

As we used to say in advertising, if you amortize the cost out over a year or two, it's just pennies a day.

following on from what Gary has said - I see from your screenshot that you have xtreme pro 5

the new features in ver 6 are summerised here:

http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/whatsnew/
    Nothing lasts forever...

Looks like US$129 is the bottom line for my upgrade. (I was surprised that it's time to upgrade already since my XP5 is from 10/09 and WD6 is from March 2010.) Oh well, I guess DP6 will be "amortized" over the next year or two. This supposes an *expensive* upgrade to DP6 is not released within 6 months.

Does this mean one can remove X3D, XP5 and WD6 and fly solo with DP6?

Thank you for the input!

Cliff

my understanding is if you have Designer pro you do not need Web designer as well [version for version]

designer pro [xtreme] has in the past been upgraded around june [but only Xara Ltd know if this will be so in 2011]

you can remove the previous versions if you want - but you don't need to.. that's up to you
    Nothing lasts forever...