Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Javascript Code appears in preview but not on all websites

I have installed a commenting script into a website (the script is from phpjabbers.com a great company, BTW).

I have installed the script and placed the javascript code into a placeholder. When I preview the page in WD6 I see the comment form as I should (with the exception of the captcha). However, when I pull up the webpage in my browser I dont see the comment form. it DOES however, appear on my iphone. It does NOT appear on my computer on the windows side of my partition or on the mac side. I updated my java, thinking that was it but NOPE.

Here's the code snippet:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.brittanynicoledunn.com/script/frontend_js/load.php?id=1"></script>
    What could be the issue? the webpage is http://brittanynicoledunn.com/guestbook.htm Are you seeing the form?

Default Re: Javascript Code appears in preview but not on all websites

I looked at the link in all my installed browsers and none of them showed the guest book page.

I am making a guess but the script may need to be added to the <head> tag portion of the HTML document.

Select your placeholder. Click the yellow name tag icon and name the placeholder <head> (include the angle brackets). Then publish your page to the server and see if it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	name.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	78523  

that doesnt seem to work either. I tried adding it just as you suggested. Ive never had this issue before. I;m stumped. I even created a "whole" HTML page and used that:

Code:
    <html>

<head><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.brittanynicoledunn.com/script/frontend_js/load.php?id=1"></script>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>
    thinking maybe it was hinky b/c of the lack of HTML tags. nothing. Also I notce in my HTML editor that the scrip language which is usually red when its jaascript is black like all the rest of the HTML code.

Anyway, thanks for trying. I hope you or someone else can weigh in on this.

Is there another part of script?

Also, and this could be the problem, looking at the page source for your first link, are your related files for this included in your index_html_files folder? Or are they in another folder? Have you set up the Guest book as a separate site? There are several files that appear in the page source script that might be missing.

the guestbook is on the same site. I installed a script to make it work. I attached a copy of the script but you can see it in action at http://www.phpjabbers.com/post-comment/ And in fact, if you view the demos admin page you will see the portion of the script called INSTALL which contains the code snippet i placed in the placeholder.

Thing is, I had them install it for me so it's installed correctly. I can see the stupid form on my cell phone and it functions perfectly but i cant see it on my laptop. arrgh.

I am stumped as to what could be causing that but I thought maybe it was a Xara thing more than a code thing. But now I'm not so sure. If it was Xara, presumably it wouldnt be visible anywhere, cell phone or not. I guess.

What do you think?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you ask them to look at your page source? They can probably spot the problem in 1/10 of a second.

i think I'll ask them but since XaraWD6 isn't really a code editor, my fear is that they'll be like "WTF is a placeholder?!" ya know? If i was using dreamweaver or some other strict HTML editor I would be more inclined to ask them. But since I;m not I'm unsure as to whether they would need to know Xara's "system" to be able to help. I guess I'll try it.