Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD6 upload picture info

Ive noticed that all of my pictures in my desktop website file, and the ones on my site (www.landscape4less.com)are assigned #'s by Xara. I have imported them with names, given them names in the program (alt text etc.) but when viewing them in say Google chrome i right click and go to "inspect element"there are only #'s-i'm concerned that this lack of picture descriptions here is robbing my site of useful SEO info. Ive got alot of pictures! Is this irrelevant? Can i make it keep my text descriptions? See attached screen shot.

Default Re: XWD6 upload picture info

Web Designer (and all Xara applications that can create web pages) assigns numbers to each image. If you want to have images retain their original file name, select each image, then click the yellow name tag icon on the Infobar at the top of the screen.

Add a name using this format: filename="image name"

Replace image name with the actual name of your image.

DO NOT add the file extension (GIF, JPEG, PNG) after the name and enclose the name in quotes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filename.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	78524  

I did just as you said and no change in the picture names as saved in my desktop file or the mouse over names in the info bar after export. All are still numbers, in fact i didnt see where the renaming info shows up at all-any help?

Select the shape where you want to place your photo (or select the photo that you want to replace). Then click Web Properties/Placeholder and check "Replace with graphic file". Browse to where you saved your picture. Make sure the photo has the appropriate dimensions because XWD6 does not automatically adjust photos when imported this way.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

These are set as popup pictures from thumbnails, not static pictures

Gary's method works fine in this example.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate