Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Repeating object don't dissapear correctly after editing the page size

Dear users,

Several days I have been trying to let the repeating objects appear on the same place as which I copied them from on all pages in web designer 5. But I cannot find the solution. When I don't make pages longer, there is no problem with the place of the repeated objects. And if I do make a page longer the repeated object appears lower on the enlarged page.

I have tried almost everything. I tried to put the origin in the top left. And I changed the measurement of the Y coordinate. But it doesn't help.

I realy hope that there is a solution for this.

Thanking you in advance
    (btw I'm dutch, so the grammer and spelling may not be perfect)

Default Re: Repeating object don't dissapear correctly after editing the page size

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your English is perfect.

Try Arrange > Update Repeating Objects.

Default Re: Repeating object don't dissapear correctly after editing the page size

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your English is perfect.

Try Arrange > Update Repeating Objects.

Unfortunately that is not the solution. Because I type some tekst and repeat it on all pages and I do not move any objects so updating repeating objects has no effect.

There is no need to upload my .xar file. Just insert a random template in web designer. Copy the page so you have two pages. Make the second page longer. Typ some some tekst on the first page and repeat that with the repeat on all pages function. And now you will probably see that the text on the second page isn't on the same coordinates as on the first page.

Solution: Enable Rulers (Ctrl+L)
    Right click intersection and set origin point Top-Left.

Repeating objects will then repeat to same co-ords relative to top-left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	set-top-left.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	78491  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I find this with searching. Maybe same thing?
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...069#post333069

Remarkably similar Xufa
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I do believe that is the point of post #6 in that thread

I am minded to close it and direct discussion here... done
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 December 2010 at 09:18 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I tried putting the origin in the top left, but that is not the solution because the origin already was in the top left of the page. And I also tried to change te measurement of the Y coordinate, but it still doesn't reapeat on the right height on the page.

Click & hold on the 'X', drag to - say - x=0 and Y=10 ... page(s) will then be 10 pixels from the top of the screen.