Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Help Transforming Some Blades in Both Directions...

I'm wanting to do what you see is listed in the picture, make all the fins thinner and also make them smaller from the inside to the outside to make more room for the center.

Thanks for any and all help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blades For Edit with text.JPG 
Views:	190 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	78407  
    IP

Default Re: Need Help Transforming Some Blades in Both Directions...

No idea how you would do this in Photoshop. I tried this as a Xara vector brush. It is easy to change the aspect ratio. The brush was applied to a circular path. A brush has several adjustments available. Something that can be done in a few minutes.

Rich

Name:	BR.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	78413  
    IP

It depends on how they were made. Is it a picture that you have got from the web? Is it a Vector shape? and saved as a custom shape as these can easily be edited and changed, delete the one that you don't want. Make new ones and then just duplicate and revolve around defined centre.
    If this is something you have got from the web then it would be quicker to start again rather than defining a mask and repeating that mask around and over the existing object. Have a look in your help files for "Custom Shapes" and work from there and reading about vectors in P/Shop.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

I agree with whats been said..

if the original you have is not a vector shape, be far easier to remake it from scratch in a vector editor - xara designer, illustrator, inkscape, whichever....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Apply a gaussian blur of around 2 or 3 pixels to your image, then use levels to adjust the size of the fins.

Name:	transform.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	78423  
    IP

I'll have to try that.....
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

in principle I can see it working - but have difficulty keeping the image sharp - maybe that's because its a low resolution image and maybe I need practice...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Albacore this is part of my logo so I have it as a vector file in both .eps and .ai file formats. To all though I greatly appreciate all the people that chimed in. I have gotten some other replys in other forums and people seem to be raving about this "Pattern Brush". lol. I'm trying to figure out how to use all of this stuff. To be honest I have never really worked with Illustrator before but have a copy now. I have used Photoshop and have gotten nice with the clone tool and magic wand. So I'm trying to wrap my head all this stuff but I'm a fast learner so its all good. But basically what it seems to boil down is that Illustrator is more about Math. I watched a couple short tutorials and they make it look real easy.

What I don't understand is before I was using Photoshop 6 and now I'm using the new version and there is no magic wand or its diff. Shhh is wack not like the one in version 6. Atleast for me I got nasty with that thing. As for Illustrator I don't know how to single out stuff so I can just have all the blades selected at once and edit them together as a whole.

I went ahead an attached my Logo that I'm trying to change so that everyone can get a better idea of what I'm trying to do and my vision.

Name:	Possible Final LOGO....jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	78448  
    IP

I appreciate that you have posted this in the Photoshop forum, but I think the way to go is to redraw it in a vector program using the blend tool (see attached). It's dead simple.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	blended blades.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	78449  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Could a custom brush do the trick? Draw one black blade on a white background and then adjust size and distance when "converting" it to a brush. Using vectors would of course be faster (if you know your vector software).
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

IP